Re: Reopening NSW branch lines

David Bromage wrote:

> I've only managed to catch snippets of information about Friday's
> announcement. There were about 30 lines listed last year, which has been
> cut down to a short list of 13 - 6 for freight (not including the
> previously announced Harden - Blayney and Kandos - Gulgong lines) and 7
> for "heritage" operations.
>
> This is what I managed to pick up off the ABC.
>
> Freight:
> Queanbeyan - Bombala

<snip>

How viable would it be to reopen Queanbeyan-Cooma for ski traffic -
passenger services as follows:
Reopen, then upgrade the line. Then, buy additional Xplorers.
These could be used on limited-stops services from Sydney to Cooma over
winter (at least), where buses would then convey them to the skifields.
How successful would such an idea be at moving the ski bunnies from road to
rail?

John
--
John Cleverdon, B.App.Sc. (Cartography)
Amateur astronomer & Railway enthusiast | Essendon - 1999 AFL premiers