Re: Reopening NSW branch lines

The Ski Tube would have to be the busiest NSW railway line outside the
Newcastle -Sydney - Woollongong corridor.

It has a 10 minute frequency during ski season, and a 1 hour service during
the off season! But it does close down for about 4 weeks each year for
maintenance.

This an electric multiple unit rack railway in a long tunnel!

Can anyone tell me how many carriages operate this service?

Cheers
John Wayman

Chris Stratton wrote in message <7d3ndt$8u718@atbhp.corpmel.bhp.com.au>...
>Ben Staples <98711576@student.hawkesbury.uws.edu.au> wrote in message
><7cula6$2fk@ob1.uws.EDU.AU>...
>>
>>David Bromage wrote in message ...
>>
>>**SNIP**
>>
>>>Do you mean the Skitube? That might be viable [to extend it to
Jindabyne].
>>It >is to be extended to one of the other resorts anyway.
>>

>>I thought the Skitube terminated at a place called The Station Resort.
This