Re: Ski Tube (was Reopening NSW branch lines)

David Bradshaw wrote:

> John Wayman wrote:
> > So you have to change trains to get to the top? Is Perisher an Island
> > Platform? Also how many platforms are there at each station?
>
> When I once caught the SkiTube during Summer, the train went directly
> from Bullocks Flat to Blue Cow. During Winter, I have only ever caught
> the train between Perisher and Blue Cow, so I am not sure of whether or
> not there is through running.

Not in winter.  The majority of passenger traffic is Bullocks Flat to Perisher,
so a 2 car set is used to shuttle to the top.

> Blue Cow only has one platform, and IIRC Perisher has three. I am not
> sure of how many platforms there are at Bullocks Flat.

Blue cow has 1.  Perisher is like Olympic Park - 4 platforms on two tracks.
Bullocks flat is the same again, however, generally only the island platform is
used.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard