Re: Misadventures on SL15/16

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999 11:42:52 GMT, dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David
Bromage) wrote:

>Eddie Oliver (eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au) wrote:

>> If you are referring to the incident I think you are, the steam locos
>> did not fail (they were just replaced at the designated points a/c coal,
>> water etc) and the 44 class to Albury was double 45's. But let's not let
>> facts get in the way of a good story.

There was also the time when the rostered d/e for the Inter-Capital
failed before departure from Sydney.    The South Pilot at Eveleigh
was a 36 class and it was used to haul the train to (I understand)
Flemington Markets, by which time, a replacement d/e from Delec was
waiting.   The 36 with its moment of glory!

Hunslet.