Re: Misadventures on SL15/16

Paul Hogan (pghogan@nospambigpond.com) wrote:
> The 81 was detached, and the two 48's took the train to Griffith,
> and return to Junee this morning.  From Junee, a new 81, 8155,
> hauled the train back to Sydney. Total of 5 locos of 3 classes
> for the return trip!

Reminds me of a story I read about a relief Daylight in the mid 60s.  All
trains at the time had a NSWGR diesel to Albury, then a VR diesel to
Melbourne. This one had a 44 ex-Sydney, which failed at Campbelltown. A 36
was taken off a goods and took the train to Goulburn, where it failed. It
was replaced with a 38 which failed at Junee. Another 44 took it to Albury
where it was replaced with the usual S class, which failed at Seymour! I
think it was a T which finally got the train into Melbourne somewhere
around midnight.

Cheers
David