Re: First Generation Diesel Questions

Thanks for the info about the T-class and dual control.  I knew that
locos with a low short hood had the controls arranged for long hood
running, but wasn't sure about the first series Ts.

>The 1st series T's did not have dual controls but they were delivered with the
>control stand on the opposite side to where it ended up. In other words, these
>loco's had the control stand arranged so that when running short end first the
>driver was on the correct, (left hand) side. This meant they could only be run
>short end first. Not long after their delivery the control stands were moved to
>the other side so they could run either direction. ( long end first, driver on
>the LH side, short end first, driver on the wrong side) This did not apply to
>ALL of the 1 st series T's I'd have to check the exact numbers.

John Dennis                         jdennis@acslink.net.au
Melbourne                                  denjo02@cai.com
Australia                   Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
DBT URL:       http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html