Re: Some VR, V/Line questions

MarkBau1 wrote:

> David,
>
> Thank you very much for the information you posted, much appreciated!
>
> The map is progressing well, I'm trying to decide if I should try to list all
> station renamings, doing that would really make the map look a bit messy unless
> I can come up with a good way of showing this.
>
> Is your gazeteer in a form that can be emailed? I'd love to have a copy.

Don't forget also that the ARHS has commissioned the Quail Map Company in the UK to
produce at atlas of Australian railway lines. I'm not sure of the publishing date;
AFAIK it may be later this year (why couldn't they have got an *Australian*
cartographic company to do this?).
Associated with this, lists of opening/closing dates for railway lines (by state),
as well as general news on the project, have been provided in "Bulletin",
periodically since late 1995. IIRC, the complete list will then be published by the
NSW division of the ARHS.

John
--
John Cleverdon, B.App.Sc. (Cartography), AMMSIA
Amateur astronomer & Railway enthusiast | Essendon - 1999 AFL premiers