Re: Balloon loops on Australian tramways

Christchurch (England) had a turntable to literally "turn" trolleybuses at
the end of one route, at least!
Some systems now use batteries in the buses for turning, especially at
infrequently-used short-working points or during traffic blocks, and for
stabling in the shed.

Rgds
Ron BEST