Re: Balloon loops on Australian tramways

Nobody has mentioned the extensive tram terminal loops in Victoria
Square in Adelaide.  IIRC there were four - one in each quadrant of the
square, and the last one remained in use for the Glenelg line until the
mid 1960s when the road layout was modified to favour rubber-tyred
traffic and the current stub tram terminal with scissors crossover
constructed in the centre of the square.

And I believe that in Melbourne - to this day, some peak hour and early
morning services from Kew depot run into town via LaTrobe or Collins
Street and back out via Flinders Street thus creating a giant terminal
loop around downtown.

What about Perth?  I think the No 8 terminal Hay St East at the WACA
ground and Gloucester Park trots was a loop.