Re: Silverton Locos turn up in Melbourne.

Gareth Lumsden wrote:

>      "Cab modifications" means this:  Silverton is spending enough money to buy a house to modify the cabs
>       of 48s35 and 48s37 to meet the PTU imposed conditions for those locomotives to be driven outside of
>       NSW.  Mechanically, those locomotives have already received significant attention, and are presently in
>       good operating order.
>
>       to meet the PTU imposed conditions ......
>
>       this writer appears to be a little "contemptuous"[another spell check  please] of the PTU cab committee >here in Victoria.

That is not the case.  I was simply stating a fact.  The cost of
modifications to the two locomotives to meet PTU requirements outside of
NSW will in fact buy a house.  There is no meaning to be attached to my

Matthew.

--
Matthew Clements - Project Manager - The Silverton Tramway Company
Limited