Re: Silverton Locos turn up in Melbourne.

Gareth Lumsden wrote:

> The Silverton locos are going to RTS(Rail Technical Support) Services at
> Dynon to be refurbished.

Dear all,
Silverton locos 35 - 37 are now in the Dynon car shed (aka RTS shed)
AFAIK they are going to be repainted (35's candy livery is going!), and
have "cab modifications".  Exactly what that means is up to you.  I'm not
sure that it means "refurbishment".   I can say that both cab are filthy,
and in need of some attention.

"Cab modifications" means this:  Silverton is spending enough money to buy a house to modify the cabs of 48s35 and 48s37 to meet the PTU imposed conditions for those locomotives to be driven outside of NSW.  Mechanically, those locomotives have already received significant attention, and are presently in good operating order.

Matthew.

--
Matthew Clements - Project Manager - The Silverton Tramway Company Limited
Phone: (03) 9592 1364