Re: C Class back in service again !........well...

>>Rod [no smiley..nothing funny about the transfer of wealth in this State]
>>
>No? You don't seem terribly upset now that Marinus is taking over
>VLine Freight. Isn't that due to a transfer of wealth?

I dont understand a transfer of an ongoing debt cannot have much to do with
wealth?
but the people of Victoria certainly suffer a loss of assetts when a Rail
System with a replacement cost of some 4 billion dollars [low end estimate]
is sold [leased for x years, some components being sold]

Dont matter if you are Labour or Liberal The Oil Barons, and many other
Multi Nationals hold you to ransom
similar to giving 2 Billion to Indoneasia! Every one knew it would line
suharto's pockets, but we were too frightened to do anything else!
No matter how badly you want to slow the spending down..Roads will get it
all, and rail nothing..thats how it is. Private Enterprise will make very
little difference to whats happening now. But they will force the Government
to find something else to blame for the States Financial difficulties.

>I wouldn't mind a transfer of wealth if it meant a more secure job in
>the long run and, with ever declining rail services, that's something
>you wouldn't get under government ownership. You could also call a
>large redundancy package a "transfer of wealth".

What large redundancy.. I have been on the job for 25 years. Last year I
paid into Superannuation $1500
according to the statement of offer I have a cash benifit of $89,000 and a
deferred Pension of $12500 at age 60
the Redundancy Offer is $218,000 which includes 29 weeks Long Service leave
and a some Holidays not taken.
 WHEN I TRANSFER TO FREIGHT VICTORIA...I get not one cent!! in fact we all
expect a compulsory cut in pay!! All Leave, sick leave and Super
Entitlements transfer to the New Owners!! They will be able to use this as
working capital, and if they go broke.....so do we..

If I work to 60 I get $20 000 a year till I die! Dont you  dare whimper
about  payouts, they dont exist for Railway men!  My investment in V/.Line
was for a decent life, bring up my kids and not to find myself broke and on
a lousy Pension when I finished work. 20 years ago the State Super gave you
dignity in your retirement. Thompson and Hamer tried to finish off what
Bolte started, destruction of the working man!
Kennett may be just the one to succeed, if the idiots give him another
chance art it.

And most of this shit that Les and others like him is just Herald Sun
Propaganda, A Labour Government with a hostile Upper House verses Liberals
with both.
Wonder if some boffin out there would go through the Kirner years and see
what Liberals stopped Labour from doing, and could show some of you boof
heads what Multi Nationals did to prevent Labour from putting it
right!!...ahhhhhh..brick bloody walls...knock  knock   anyone home?

>And I certainly do not think that Marinus could do a worse job than
>Robin Cooper - far from it!

Why direct it at me, I reckon the blokes a bloody genious!

>The only transfer of wealth so far has been to the government, not
>from it. Freight Victoria paid a fair price for VLine Freight, some
>would say over paid. The Kennett Government needs it to retire the
>debt incurred during the Labour years, and to buy back what Labour
>sold and leased back. Now I don't exactly agree with everything
>Kennett has done, but he has done a helluva lot better that
>Cain/Kirner's old retinue - remember the shockers they had for
>transport ministers? And you can't complain now that Marinus is back!

Les who is paying back the debts??
not the Road Transport Mob, they get magic "free"ways and the little man in
his holden pays 91% of road costs!
High transport costs, insurance, deaths pollution, little bloke pays that
too! added on to everything he buys!
We all know it , its just real lazy to lay back, drown it with another beer,
put an extra TattsLotto on and watch the world spin around in a haze
who gives a fuck anyway!
I do!
Rod ;o(

funnything about the Internet, gives me a real thirst, not since Nui Dat in
1966, have I enjoyed the local brew so much. Can't understand why people
think they can hide behind such a little bottle....but if I stack 'em along
the fence........maybe the guns will scream in good old Uk-Da-Loi....a
revolution would get their attention now wouldn't it....as his light head
ponders the stupidity of the world, with even more stupidity!