Re: C Class back in service again !........well...

"Rod" <berlina@bigpond.com> wrote in aus.rail:

>But anyway, was heard to say to his Secretary [Monica Cigarino, some
>uncomfortable parallels here with another idiot who spends too much time up
>himself]
>" I dont care how you do it, but I want the headlines to scream out to the
>peasants tomorrow, how those bastard Transport Unions stuffed up our GP
>again "
>Rod [no smiley..nothing funny about the transfer of wealth in this State]

No? You don't seem terribly upset now that Marinus is taking over
VLine Freight. Isn't that due to a transfer of wealth?

I wouldn't mind a transfer of wealth if it meant a more secure job in
the long run and, with ever declining rail services, that's something
you wouldn't get under government ownership. You could also call a
large redundancy package a "transfer of wealth".

And I certainly do not think that Marinus could do a worse job than
Robin Cooper - far from it!

The only transfer of wealth so far has been to the government, not
from it. Freight Victoria paid a fair price for VLine Freight, some
would say over paid. The Kennett Government needs it to retire the
debt incurred during the Labour years, and to buy back what Labour
sold and leased back. Now I don't exactly agree with everything
Kennett has done, but he has done a helluva lot better that
Cain/Kirner's old retinue - remember the shockers they had for
transport ministers? And you can't complain now that Marinus is back!

Les Brown