Re: NSW Election

Hi Ben

Ben Staples <98711576@student.hawkesbury.uws.edu.au> wrote in message
<7c57ch$q26@ob1.uws.EDU.AU>...

>< Tell > wrote in message <36efdb91.3064636@news.ozemail.com.au>...
>
>*SNIP*
>
>>How true, but then it does not matter whether it is
>>State or Federal, Liberal or Labor, they all do it.
>>
>>Somebody once said that Politicians and their promises
>>should be subject to the Trade Descriptions Act, just
>>as business is liable to prosecution for false or
>>misleading information.
>>
>>Great idea, but unfortunately, they are the people that
>>make the laws.
>

>Since this thread is turning a little political, I will mention that I am
>currently reading a book by Mark Latham (a current ALP Federal MP) called
>'Civilising Global Capital'. Quite a good read and asks for politicians to
>be not short sighted and poll driven.

Unfortuneately Latham is a very poor advertisement for the ALP..... His
thoughts and policy direction would be more appropriate on the other side of
the House.. and to think they put him into one of the safest ALP seats in
the Country...

Cheers
Jack
Queensland: Perfect One day
Beautiful the next
And wet for the other 363 days of the year