Re: 520 or 621

>>IIRC, the 520s have dished wheels which can be reversed to change the
>>gauge.
>
>Great idea David, it should be ok as long as you're on a straight or
>curved bit of track. But do you think the flanges might have an
>argument with the rail, though, going through a point or a crossing,
>being on the OUTSIDE of the wheel if they are reversed around?
>
>Les Brown
Come On Les!
                           he is probably carrying a full head of steam by
now ! Tell him his mistake, but it is interesting though because I had not
realised S.A had done the same as Victoria in the Later years of Steam.
Victorians love to point out that at least the R and J were built with
narrow [S ]gauge in mind. Now I know the R's wheels could be reversed [after
removing the tyres, and replacing them appropriately, removing some spacers,
and a lot of effort lining everything up again. Was this also true for the
J, and now possibly the 520 ?
Rod  :o)