Re: 520 or 621

Neil Waller <nwaller@dehaa.sa.gov.au> wrote:

>At the moment 520 works and 621 is down for the count as far as I know (Bob
>Green can correct me).   Any SG conversion might make more sense if it were to
>621 - it would make its restoration more expensive but it would not leave
>StreamRanger without "big" power on the Victor Harbour line.
>
>It restoration is required why not Port Dock's Garratt?   These where built to
>be guage convertable between NG, SG and BG.
>
>Anything is possible with the appropriate amount of money.   Which is the catch,
>of course!

Speaking of gauge convertible, I was not aware that the
520 class were.  I suspect some people might be
confusing the 520 class with a SAR "proposal" of a
super 520 type which they were hoping that the
Commonwealth Railways might look seriously at, to
replace their famous C class.

----Terry Burton
Alice Springs NT