Re: V/Line Pass Locomotives

Maurie Daly wrote in message ...

>>Sorry Maurie the T ,P, H,have a gear ratio of 63 / 14 for a maximum
>>permissable speed of 62 MPH (info from genuine Clyde "T" class manual)
>>all the other loco's A B C G X N have 59/18 for a max permisable speed
>>of 83 MPH.
>>regards Paul Johnston
>
>Thanks for this Paul.
>My T class manual implied that it was only the series 1 Ts with the D19
motors
>that were 63/14 .
>I wasnt aware that Clyde would make differant varieties of the D29 motor
with
>differant ratios.
>
>cheers
>MD

Any traction Motor can be re-geared as the pinion gears are pressed on to
the shaft and the main gear on to the wheel set. The traction Motor complete
with gear is then hung off the axle and placed as a unit into the bogie.This
combination of gearing can be altered within the parts available from Clyde
to alter any loco gear ratios.
I believe the N class received a minor adjustment to improve there on time
running soon after entering service.
Rod