Re: V/Line Pass Locomotives

David Bromage wrote in message ...
>Maurie Daly (mauried@commslab.gov.au) wrote:
>> Can a motor be regeared after the motor has been made ,
>> ie could Vline freight regear their own motors ,or would they have to be
>> returned to Clyde.?
>
>Y175 was regeared to run at 100km/h, but I don't know if VR or Clyde did
>it.
>
>A66(?) was also regeared to run at 160km/h for test purposes.
>
>Cheers
>David
A85 was geared for 160
A Y was allowed to run at 100, as the Commissioners Engine. I dont know if
it was regeared though, I seem to recall that a Knife Switch was pulled on
the Fireman's side in the cabinet which allowed it to Electrically
Field Shunt or make a Transition to enable it to reach 100 klicks.
Rod