Re: V/Line Pass Locomotives

In article <19990301031051.14112.00001857@ng-ca1.aol.com> markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk (MarkBau1) writes:
>From: markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk (MarkBau1)
>Subject: Re: V/Line Pass Locomotives
>Date: 1 Mar 1999 08:10:51 GMT

><<<<<<<I wasnt aware that Clyde would make differant varieties of the D29 motor
>with
>differant ratios.>>>>>>>

>They didn't make different varities of D29's or any other traction motor for
>that matter. A T class could be regeared for faster running with no mod to the
>traction motor but it would seriously limit its hauling ability on grades.

>Mark.

Understand the tradeoffs of higher gearing.
Can a motor be regeared after the motor has been made ,
ie could Vline freight regear their own motors ,or would they have to be
returned to Clyde.?

Ts seem to come with 4 differant ranges of gear ratios.
63/14,62/15,61/16 and 60/17.

Ive often wondered why Vline went for the G8 and not the G12.

Thanks
MD