Re: XPT Cancelled

David Johnson wrote:

> Dianne Lucas wrote:
>
> > (i was ment to travel on this service Melb - Sydney and forund out by
> > accident - should they notify me?- are they liable for any costs? - I had to
> > pay a $600 air ticked today as I refuse to go by bus from Melbourne and all
> > trains are full)
>
> Countrylink reserves the right to change the form of transport.

I don't care I've had the misfortune to be on a bus in the middle of Queensland
that hit a beast and the bus driver to his credit tried severing around it but
things got a little unsettled for most of the passengers for the rest of the
night. But one thing for the company they apologized to us for it although it
wasn't the bus drivers fault ( You maybe aware that where the hwys pass through a
lot of properties there aren't very many fences to keep the various cattle of the
roads ) so as far as I'm concerned, as far as practical I will travel by train
first then air (if I can afford it ) then by bus as my last resort so if I book
for a train trip I expect to travel by train if I book to travel by air I would
believe that we would get to next ice age before they stuck me on a train or bus
!!