XPT Cancelled

Saturdays Melb - Sydney XPT has been replaced by busses the whole way due to
trackwork between Henty and Culcairn???? Why cancel the whole train - why
not run it from Wagga to Sydney and maybe a V/Line Melbourne -Albury?  (this
is what V/Line is saying)
(i was ment to travel on this service Melb - Sydney and forund out by
accident - should they notify me?- are they liable for any costs? - I had to
pay a $600 air ticked today as I refuse to go by bus from Melbourne and all
trains are full)