Re: Southern Aurora Re-enactment

bf0017@hotmail.com writes: > If the NSWRTM and 3801 Ltd were to cooperate, it could be very possible to run
> 4401 + 4490 back to back with the Stainless Cars the the NSWRTM are steadily
> overhauling.
>
> In Victoria, B74 (?) could be the "preferred" motive power.
>
> "All I gotta do is dream............"
>
> Brett

OK, let's see, we need the RTM to provide 4490 +  sleepers, diner and
lounge,3801 Ltd for 4401, then to make up a decent length train, some more
sleeping cars from ARHS Canberra.  In Vic we could try WCR or VLF
for an S class  (yeah,I know,all the wrong colour). Wonder whatever
happened to the neon sign for the back of the train?

We've now got 4 organisations plus two Track Access adminstrations
to deal with, plus interstate accreditation for rolling stock...
any guesses on the final fare for this jaunt? <g>

It's certainly possible, but you'd need a generous sponsor!

Cheers,

Paul Hogan