Re: XPT Cancelled

Jennifer Richmond wrote in message <36DFB73E.D3BD2A5E@melbpc.org.au>...

>But doesn't the bus take at lest 4 hrs longer than the train, and then
there are
>food stops in 2 locations...
>I can't see how the bus would get you there even close to time... unless of
course
>the bus driver was also a truckie ;-)

It is still listed in the conditions of contract that they reserve the right
to substitute different modes of travel - and if they were responsible for
late arrivals, they would be up for a fortune.

I agree with you though - it is not good enough. If you wanted to travel by
bus, you would have rung McCaffertys, Greyhound or Firefly. The fact that
they still charge rail fares on these occasions is outrageous.

DaveP