Re: GEs for Victoria?

Jumboman's contribution illustrated the point about attribution. So many
posts jumblemanned up. I only wrote a fraction of what was written and
<snip/quoted>

As for the J'man's own bit - I didn't understand it - he might be jumbled up
in the circuitry.

GE certainly have given EMD cause for concern in the North American market.
I'm not sure Goninan have had quite the same effect on Clyde - more the
tendering system has the impact of creating winners and destroying losers
with the net effect that next order, there'll be no competition - and the
issuer of tenders loses. NR should've supported Aussie industry (as should
all buyer/leasers) with a long term 50-50% build split. That's the true
win:win outcome, but government silliness has precluded it. BTW you can't
trust pollies of any colour - even KTBH variety - to cut deals, so there is
need for checks and balances and transparency. I don't have the answer, just
highlight the problem.

DW

<7boks1$i36$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...