Re: ANOTHER CITYARIL COCKUP

In article <7bj2ig$h30$1@news.mel.aone.net.au>,
David Proctor <daproc@spam_this.umpires.com> wrote:
>Matthew Geier wrote in message <7biph2$64h$1@metro.ucc.usyd.edu.au>...
>
>> And any one who belives the Airport curfew will stay in place around the
>>time is dreaming. (Im under the E/W flight paths.....)
>
>Well, that is your problem - you moved there knowing that, and probably got
>either cheaper housing or cheaper rental because of that (and before you
>start flaming me, I live right next to a railway line that has coal trains
>coming through at all hours of the day or night

 So did I, until I moved up the road to be near the E/W Sydney airport
flight path.

 Freight Corp abandoning the use of Electric loco made quite an impact
on me, the unit coalies used be quieter than the suburban sparks, then
became much much noiser!.

 However 1km from the railway line, I can no longer hear those 81/82 class
on the coalies (unless the wind its right), but you hear those aircraft for
far more than 1km either side of their path.

 Im not complaining. Any way, my house was cheaper due it being close to
a major road and on a local feeder road. Road noise out does both air
and rail due to it being constant.