Re: ANOTHER CITYARIL COCKUP

In article <36DE4B6D.9C1FC5A0@fastlink.com.au>,
Railway Rasputin  <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote:

>Matthew Geier wrote:
>
>> In article <Sq5D2.3285$Hn5.1332@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>,
>> Ron BEST <ronbest@bigpond.com> wrote:
>> >Anyone know what the is so "essential" about the trackwork that is going to
>> >close the whole North Shore line next weekend, just when the big Rugby

>That is correct. The work is planned in advance.
>The applications for work areas are submitted and organised so that it is all
>together. For example.
>The new bridge is being put in at Campbelltown. Essential perway work on the
>East Hills (you don't know how bad it is)

 I do, I ride the line when I go to Thirmere. Im surprised parts of the line
havent had DOT 'fix or we close' orders placed on it.

>Organisers of such things such as the footy should learn to plan further in
>advance.

 That is of course the main problem. If the organisors of the footy had
checked with Cityrail before setting a date, im sure both parties could have
found a date were the stadium was available, and the full capablities of the
public transport system be available.