Re: IT'S ACADEMIC - EASY ONE! -AND ANOTHER NOT-SO-EASY

The bridge was built by the Union Bridge Company or some such. The town was
called Brooklyn because that's where the builders were from, suggested by
the fact that it's at one end of a bridge, and Long Island is nearby.
(Brooklyn, NY is, of course, ON Long Island)
Rgds

RON BEST
Neil Waller wrote in message <36DB1542.44F19744@dehaa.sa.gov.au>...
>Krel wrote:
>

>> Four Names (four renamings)
>> Peat's Ferry-Brooklyn-Hawkesbury River-Hawkesbury-Hawkesbury River.
>>

>Why is the station Hawkesbury River? - the adjacent town is Brooklyn,
apparently
>named after the builders of the first Hawkesbury Bridge, the Brooklyn
Bridge