Re: IT'S ACADEMIC - EASY ONE! -AND ANOTHER NOT-SO-EASY

Krel wrote:

> Four Names (four renamings)
> Peat's Ferry-Brooklyn-Hawkesbury River-Hawkesbury-Hawkesbury River.

Why is the station Hawkesbury River? - the adjacent town is Brooklyn, apparently
named after the builders of the first Hawkesbury Bridge, the Brooklyn Bridge
Company of New York.

The station has had the "correct" name once and an "incorrect" name
4 times, including currently.   Were I going to Brooklyn by train I would not
suspect that the station was Hawkesbury River, unless I had prior knowledge.

If anyone hasn't been there it's quite a pleasant spot.

--
Neil Waller	(nwaller@denr.sa.gov.au)
Department of Environment Heritage and Aboriginal Affairs

Unless explicitly attributed, the opinions expressed are personal
and not those of DEHAA or the South Australian Government.