Re: IT'S ACADEMIC - EASY ONE! -AND ANOTHER NOT-SO-EASY

The GSR station at Keswick may count for multiple renamings; alternatively
it has never been named at all, and not one of its owners knew what it
called its own station.
AFAIK it was called ARPT (Adelaide Rail Passenger Terminal).

The name in documents didn't agree with the name on the station nameboard.

When faced with complete chaos, ignore the owner.

I have settled on Adelaide Keswick as comprehensible.

Sydney is almost as hopeless:
For years interstaters tried to follow the logic that platforms 1-15 were
Sydney Terminal; platforms 16-23 were Sydney Central.  As the function has
changed, so has the naming.

AFAIK platforms 1-3 are Sydney Terminal; platforms 4-27? are Sydney
Central.

But, I have photographs of platforms where the name on signs hanging from
the verandah and the name on platform seats are in conflict.

Try and work out the name of the long distance station in Brisbane.

AFAIK the platforms are still Roma St.  The terminal building, built like
3D maze escape, is Brisbane Transit Centre.

Perth keeps zigzagging too.  AFAIK the sg station is Perth Terminal; is the
inner city station with the high-tech additions Perth City, or just Perth?

--
Regards
Roderick Smith

Krel  <krel4203@netconnect.com.au> wrote in article