Re: Maribyrnong River Line

Capt. Warwick J. Somerville. wrote in message
<37787F6C.24B0D78D@labyrinth.net.au>...

SNIP

>When the gas work went up at Longford, then a major survey of the line
>was done, then briquette start roll in on the siding in carriage, in lenght
>of 7 to 14 carriage.

See the gas is back on line [better than ever, so the Sun reported today]
and was interested to read that thousands of Gas Hot water systems were
replaced with electric ones.
Many 'burnt' manufacturers also replaced equipment with oil, briquette or
Electric Equipment.
So should be plenty of gas for those left>

and thanks for the update, we suspect that Freight Victoria will chase all
work, unlike the previous operators
Rod