Re: Maribyrnong River Line

Rod wrote:

> Good on you Capt. have been wondering if it was still being used, lot of
> containers sitting down there, pity if they all went by road
> [to the ships]
> Bet you were the one that gave us a return TOOT a few years ago, when I last
> worked on that line with an A class.
> Rod

We tooted every train on the line, down or up,when we have passengers on board.
Because it give the passengers a thrill, due to passenager would ask if train
still
used the line due to rust on line when they came in.

Like one day, a friend who did drive train that we knew stop train at our gate
and the disable children we had on board had to walk throught train to get bus.

The line is used only on Tuesday, like today at 1615hrs, we had a "P" class,
Engine No. 19 with five Carriages, VHEF 738 - P, VHEF 720 - E,
VHEF 719 - X, VHEF 744 - Y, VHEF 712 - D

The siding was close down Janaury 98 due to briquette coming by road.

In February 98 we had international artist sleep in sleep car from
Southern Aurora, The Daylight, The Vinelander and one from
SA & NSW from the Newport Workshop for 6 weeks, above the
Dynon Rd bridge.

When the gas work went up at Longford, then a major survey of the line
was done, then briquette start roll in on the siding in carriage, in lenght
of 7 to 14 carriage.

Three month ago, Pivot Fertilizer start ship in wheat, then send out chemical
in the same carriage, via the briquette storage station due that container mob
you mention, destroying the lines to Pivot 4 years ago, when they purchase
vacant land near the river to extent their container holding.

But with Saturday night readings of aus.rail news Re: Maribyrnong River Line
from posinting 2/3 year ago and from yesterday walk with guarddog, their have
been some major line works with removal of points, Pivot clearing front yard,
may be get new line, via disused marshalling yard storage line.