Re: CityRail passenger info upgrade

I meant the ones which had a series of plates with the name formed as a
collection of holes. There were two (or more) lamps behind each plate. The
plates were individual - I remember seeing a worker removing "Rookwood" from
an indicator on Circular Quay platform 1. Wish I'd tried to "souvenir" it.
Was quite a flexible system, for its technology level. New stations/routing
changes just needed new plates to be punched and inserted, and/or existing
plates re-arranged, then re-label the switches.

BTW, where are the bits from the concourse indicators at Sydney Central? I
loved those great "steering wheel" switch knobs! Because these indicators
(as opposed to the indicators on platforms) used rotary switches, there
seemed be a few "cheats" added over the years - a separate switch for just
one station.

Weren't these also used on Strathfield concourse?

Rgds

Ron BESDANSKY (formerly Ron BEST)
37776413.F98A24B7@cia.com.au">news:37776413.F98A24B7@cia.com.au...