Re: CityRail passenger info upgrade

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
37709034.64E0A5FB@ozemail.com.au">news:37709034.64E0A5FB@ozemail.com.au...
> Railway Rasputin wrote:
>
>Snip
> replaced by a countdown timer.  They have also listened to my suggestion
that
> they make the all stations trains listed as "All Stops", as Erskineville
and St
> Peters are not on the Illawarra line.

Could be confusing to people who don't know the system whilst both the old
and new indicators are in place. The old indicators show Erskineville and St
Peters, even though the light next to them may never be on. But then I've
heard of people not realizing that the light has to be on for the train to
stop at that station. Which is why they developed the type of indicator
which used to be used at Circular Quay, St James & Museum, which only
displayed the staion name if the next train actually stopped there. What was
wrong with that type of indicator anyway?

Rgds

Ron BESDANSKY (formerly Ron BEST)