Re: It's Sold! (The letter to the minister of transport)

"M.G.Smith" wrote:

snip

> The ticket vending machine on your trams do not sell daily tickets and I am
> to buy a 2 hour ticket, as I said is unfair, and not very good customer
> service.
> I verified this rule with a ticket inspector with Swanston Trams.
> As part of having a customer friendly public transport system, I ask for any
> one of the following changes:
> 1. Install the facility to buy a daily ticket on board trams;
> 2. Make it law that all Metcard sellers must stock all types of Metcard
> tickets;
> 3. Make it law that you can travel without a valid ticket until such time
> that you can get the ticket required.

In Sydney, I'm surprised that you did not suggest this, you can buy a ticket
called (I think) "Intention to Travel" or something similar, and for paying a
small fare - at Yerrinbool it is $2.50 -  you can travel and then pay the rest
of your fare at the end of your journey. Do NSW feel that $2.50 is better than
nothing at all although I have observed some stations still check tickets of
alighting passengers and so can detect these tickets and extract more money.
Beats the heavy handed attitude of "No Pay, No Go" but they go anyway.

David Langley.