Re: ODD SIGNS

Geoff Lambert <G.Lambert@unsw.edu.au> wrote in message
7l9c41$nc8$1@mirv.unsw.edu.au">news:7l9c41$nc8$1@mirv.unsw.edu.au...
> David McLoughlin <davemcl@REMOVEiprolink.co.nz> wrote:
>
> >Geoff Lambert wrote:
>
> >> Or, in the straight-laced (?) 1950s, one I saw in the Ocean Grove
> >> caravan park's amenities block  "Do not throw your cigarette butts in
> >> the urinals- it makes them soggy and hard to light"
>
> >That urban legend is so old it has grown mould.
>
> >David McLoughlin
> >Auckland New Zealand
>
> It might be a legend, but it also is true.... such a sign did exist.
> This is a first-hand report, I saw it myself.  Not the stuff of the
> usual urban legend.... always a report by someone else.  Maybe it was
> the ORIGIN of the legend.... circa 1956.
>
> GL
>
>Back in Vic Rail days every locomotive had a green covered log book.
On the front cover was the printed statement "Log book",usally after a few
trips bored crew members would start adding to the official printed matter .
the most common that I can remember was to preceed Log with F,and
considering how the locos at this time where used and maintained,it was
probably close to the truth.
Grime