Re: GSR Intermediate stops

Just a bit of an update to the Overland stops.....

You left out a stop - the Overland also stops at Stawell.  As far as I
can tell, it stop UNCONDITIONALLY.  My mother lives about 200m from
Stawell station, and every time I've been there, the O/L has stopped
there (well, at least until a few weeks ago).

The Ghan on the other hand doesn't even slow down!  Every time I've
seen it, it has been heading towards Melbourne, going through Stawell
station at 17:05 - almost to the second each time I've seen it!  :-)
Don't know what time it goes through heading towards Adelaide
though - I'm usually well & truly asleep by then!

Krel wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jun 1999 17:38:36 +1000, Chris Brownbill
> <cbrnbill@enternet.com.au> wrote:
>
> >Can anyone tell me exactly what intermediate stations are served for passenger
> >purposes by GSR trains.  The GSR web site lists timetables for their trains, but
> >for the Overland there is a very short list of intermediate times given,
> >excluding small places like Kaniva, Murtoa etc, whereas for the Ghan, the
> >timetable lists every conceivable rabbit burrow including Berrybank Loop, Dry
> >Creek Yard, Dynon etc.
> >
> Overland stops at Murray Bridge, Tailem Bend, Bordertown, Horsham,
> Ararat and North Shore Geelong only. It only stops if there are booked
> passengers to pick up/set down.
> AFAIK the Ghan will stop almost anywhere to pick up/ set down
> passengers travelling beyond Adelaide.
>
> >So, can you catch a GSR train Kaniva to Crystal Brook for instance?
> AFAIK yes, but ask GSR as I may be mistaken.
>
> Cheers
>
> Krel
>
> Steamfreight 99 at Victorian Goldfields Railway - July 17-18 1999.
>
> VGR website http://www.castlemaine.net.au/~vgr/
>
> Waxy Wary Zany Zebu

Mick.

| Mick Stock                        |