Re: When's someone going to post some photos of X47?

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999 23:35:11 +1000, "Rod" <berlina@bigpond.com> wrote:

>>X47 entered revenue service with Freight Victoria resplendent in green
>and gold.
>And if you do read this group Boss, please paint one for the North East too!
>I guarantee it will sit in No 3 Road opposite V/Line Pass Booking Office all
>day every day, just to show everyone that we are on our way, and National
>boys what they are missing out on.

What are we missing out on?
Green and Gold GM's ?- got BL's, DL's and AN's (wouldn't mind a blown
645 instead of a turbo one occaisionally, though).
Parking loco outside a VLP booking office ?- we do that Wednesday
nights (sometimes into Thursday lunchtimes).

>Seriously though H1 and H2 are normaly up
>here at Wodonga as our area pilot. They work pretty hard and are seen
>crossing busy high Street about 25 times a day, and spend at least an hour
>in Albury, working the flour mill, always crossing the XPT there! Great
>exposure for the Company here in Daylight too

Great idea, Rod. I've always thought that any loco with "HI" written
on it should be a great advertising tool ;-).

Cheers

Krel

Steamfreight 99 at Victorian Goldfields Railway - July 17-18 1999.

VGR website http://www.castlemaine.net.au/~vgr/

Waxy Wary Zany Zebu