Re: What are the Proposed Radio Frequencies for the Broken Hill? What are the Satellite Frequencies?

In article <7ksnlq$2tek$1@otis.netspace.net.au> "Robert Parnell" <rparnell@netspace.net.au> writes:
>From: "Robert Parnell" <rparnell@netspace.net.au>
>Subject: Re: What are the Proposed Radio Frequencies for the Broken Hill? What are the Satellite Frequencies?
>Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 17:46:56 +1000

>> What will the frequencies be for the link from the locomotive to the
>> satellite & vice-versa??  Will it be in the 418-420mhz range or a higher
>or
>> lower frequency?? If so what is this frequency??
>>
>> Thanks, GF

>The satellite-loco frequencies are in the microwave range - that is - GHz.
>The 408-419MHz range is for the terrestrial communications between the loco
>and track-side radio base.

>Robert Parnell
>Rail Access/Railcom Technician, Electronics Enthusiast,
>Lachlan Valley Railway Director,  NSW HO scale railway modeller
>E-mail:<rparnell@netspace.net.au>

If the locos are talking to Optus Mobilesat, which is about the only option
available, Mobilesat uses L band , 1500-1520 Mhz approx , SCPC
channels digital modulation .
Unfortunately you cant listen in .
When I get back to work Ill get the exact frequencies for the uplink and
downlink.

MD