Re: What are the Proposed Radio Frequencies for the Broken Hill?

In article <7kesvh$o55$1@otis.netspace.net.au> "Robert Parnell" <rparnell@netspace.net.au> writes:
>From: "Robert Parnell" <rparnell@netspace.net.au>
>Subject: Re: What are the Proposed Radio Frequencies for the Broken Hill?
>Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 11:51:39 +1000

>Grahame Ferguson <grahamef@users.mcmedia.com.au> wrote in message
>376a469d@nap-ns1">news:376a469d@nap-ns1...
>> With the proposed introduction of Train Orders from Parkes to Broken Hill,
>> does anyone know of the Radio frequencies in use or allocated?

>It will be all satellite based, so  you will not be able to listen in.

>> Has Train Orders in fact started yet?

>Not from Parkes to Broken Hill yet, but soon...
>>
>--
>Robert Parnell
>Rail Access/Railcom Technician, Electronics Enthusiast,
>Lachlan Valley Railway Director,  NSW HO scale railway modeller
>E-mail:<rparnell@netspace.net.au>>

I gather from Roberts comments that the SRA is about to introduce yet another
form of incompatible safeworking, ie all trains that run over the Broken Hill
line will now require Mobilesat Phones & all crews will have to qualified in
some form of SRA train order working.
Whilst the Feds are trying to get some agreement in  reducing the number of
incompatible safeworking & radiocom systems on the National Network we find
as usual that the States are doing exactly the reverse.
Im not surprised that the Feds have given up on Rail.

MD