Re: What are the Proposed Radio Frequencies for the Broken Hill?

> I gather from Roberts comments that the SRA is about to introduce yet
another
> form of incompatible safeworking, ie all trains that run over the Broken
Hill
> line will now require Mobilesat Phones & all crews will have to qualified
in
> some form of SRA train order working.
> Whilst the Feds are trying to get some agreement in  reducing the number
of
> incompatible safeworking & radiocom systems on the National Network we
find
> as usual that the States are doing exactly the reverse.
> Im not surprised that the Feds have given up on Rail.
>
> MD

This is just an extension of the current form of safeworking in place from
Orange to Parkes. They will require more than mobilesat phones - rather the
CountryNet Train Radio system fitted to basically all Freightcorp locos and
some NR locos. (Private/heritage operators will and have faced problems).
Most crews would already be qualified for the Orange-Parkes section.