Re: What are the Proposed Radio Frequencies for the Broken Hill?

> Now for some questions about the CountryNet Train Radio System.  I know
> it is UHF, around 409/418 Mhz.  Is it Trunking, or just Voting.

It uses GPS co-ordinates to work out whether it should communicate via
satellite or terrestrial base station.

 Does it
> provide coverage all the way to Broken Hill (presumably not)?

Parkes to Broken Hill will use satellite only.

 Do the
> MobileSat phones have to be seperately installed, or does the CountryNet
> system handle the interface ala AWARE?

The CountryNet equipment comprises satellite and terrestrial radio gear all
hooked up together.

Robert Parnell
Rail Access/Railcom Technician, Electronics Enthusiast,
Lachlan Valley Railway Director,  NSW HO scale railway modeller
E-mail:<rparnell@netspace.net.au>