Re: Concession Fares on CityRail

David Proctor wrote:

> Gareth Lumsden wrote in message ...
>
> >I can obtain concession tickets whilst I am travelling, by getting either
> >a "School Pupil Railways of Aust ID Card" or "Student Railways of Aust ID
> >card".
> >
> >Does anyone know what these are, and where I can get one from?
>
> Both of these cards are available from your school/uni/TAFE - but only if
> you are under 26. They entitle you to  child fares (if still attending
> school and aged 18 or under) or concession fares otherwise (there is a
> difference).
>
> >Or if I can obtain concession fare by any other means?
>
> No - unless oyu are unemployed and a NSW/ACT resident, or a pensioner.

Or visually impaired, in which you can get a "Visually Impaired Persons
Permit". This entitles you to free bus, train and ferry travel within
Sydney and the outer metropolitan area, and half fare outside that area.
Applications are available at the SRA passes & concessions office at
Wynyard station.

Regards,
Ross