Re: ASR to employ loco drivers

Barry Walding wrote in message <376BD9F9.4A2E@senet.com.au>...
>Michael Walker wrote:
>
>> Come on, give the guy a go. Whilst his first post may have left a nasty
taste in the mouth by accusing railfans of sabotaging trains,

>Well,  I don't think I actually made that accusation.  I certainly
>didn't intend to - but apparently, that is how it has been interpreted.

BIG SNIP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>This is why I will normally only reply direct to sender - unless
>blatantly erroneous postings demand correction.  I have had the
>opportunity to assist a few with their questions about ASR and AN -
>particularly with regard to loco power.  I see no reason to stop doing
>this as a result of some misinformed comments - but I say again - I will
>not engage in the sort of pointless game that takes place here at
>times.
>
>'Tis a bit like the Monty Python "Argument" ....
>I didn't come here to be contradicted!
>Yes you did! ........  No, I didn't ! .....  Yes you did !!
>
>Thanks and CYA

Good on you Barry, and you too Michael!
We enjoy good posts.
Most Railfans have not realised that they have always been trespassing. On
the job we tend to wave to most guys, but we do pick up the phone and report
the idiots! [not too many of the second, so far]
I think the Goverment Railways have been slack, and I can see why the
Private Railways will have to be on the ball.
Legal action lost could cost millions in both defence and penalties, even if
the Company was doing nothing less than was done before.They could very
easily be bankrupted.
It wont be long before Freight Victoria do similar things.
Rod