Re: ASR to employ loco drivers

>Whoops, did you sack too many drivers when you first took over the
operation???

Come on, give the guy a go. Whilst his first post may have left a nasty
taste in the mouth by accusing railfans of sabotaging trains, at least the
company he works for (through him) acknowledge that the Internet exists. In
addition, whilst judging by previous threads there are unlikely to be many
takers due to belief about poor working conditions compared to AN, at least
he is giving those who read this newsgroup the opportunity to apply. There
would appear to be many frustrated train drivers writing to this group, at
least this is an opportunity for some of them to become one.

Out of interest Barry, are the extra train drivers required due to extra
business on offer, perceived opportunities or is Stuart right in his
analysis?

ASR don't appear to be too railfan unfriendly anyway (although I speak from
a position of ignorance in another state). I am sure those who photographed
the quad GMs on the Leigh Creek line are appreciative of ASRs efforts to
keep them on until the last (although I did read this last bit in Railway
Digest so given recent criticisms of it's accuracy, I am happy to be
corrected) despite the failure of one of them.

Is anyone else in agreeance or shall I stand alone encouraging Barry to keep
on posting here?