Re: Smelly Melbourne Trains

Ralph Jones wrote:

> In article <375C8562.C0BE07F7@omni.com.au>,
>   David Bromage <dbromage@omni.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > To completely degenerate the topic, this posting might be of interest.
> > Slightly racist, but quite funny.
>
> What's racist about it?  Here in NYC with all the ethnic groups, we like
> to have good-natured fun with ethnic jokes.  I'm Irish, so I get
> drinking and other jokes tossed my way from time to time.  Most of us
> try to avoid actual racial jokes (black, white, Oriental, American
> Indian).
>
> I don't get drunk and disorderly in public, though, and blow groceries
> in a crowded subway station.  I get drunk privately or in a party.

unfortunately we have anti-discrimination laws which basically "prohibit"
any joke that can be construed by
any person to be offensive.. which basically encompasses all jokes involving
race. such a shame when it can be just a way to have some fun among friends;
but i guess its to save the jokes that really are demeaning..

Homer