Re: Smelly Melbourne Trains

In article <375C8562.C0BE07F7@omni.com.au>,
  David Bromage <dbromage@omni.com.au> wrote:

> To completely degenerate the topic, this posting might be of interest.
> Slightly racist, but quite funny.

What's racist about it?  Here in NYC with all the ethnic groups, we like
to have good-natured fun with ethnic jokes.  I'm Irish, so I get
drinking and other jokes tossed my way from time to time.  Most of us
try to avoid actual racial jokes (black, white, Oriental, American
Indian).

I don't get drunk and disorderly in public, though, and blow groceries
in a crowded subway station.  I get drunk privately or in a party.

> Subject: Subways and Chunder
> Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 17:06:09 GMT
> From: Ralph Jones <ralphjones@my-deja.com>
> Newsgroups: uk.transport.london, misc.transport.rail.europe,
>
> The day started out normally.  I had a good breakfast; eggs, toast,
> biscuits, bacon, milk, coffee. I kissed my wife goodbye, and walked to
> the Flatbush subway station, for my trip to work downtown.  Near the
> station entrance, I saw a pile of vomit on the sidewalk, and for a
> second I thought I was going to blow trash.  But the feeling passed
> quickly, I went down the stairs, paid my fare and went down to the
> platform.
[...]

--
Ralph Jones