Re: Cancelled trains.

David Johnson wrote in message <37606E9C.C59BDB3B@ozemail.com.au>...
>Express Trains are something you should be proud of in Sydney.  If you go
>Brisbane, you will get very used to the phrase "stopping at all stations"

Yes, I've been to Brisbane, and I get kinda pi$$ed off at the near absence
of express trains, but at least their announcements make grammatical sense -
I wince whenever ShittyRail blast out

"Would you please stand behind the Yellow Line until have all passengers
have alighted from the train" - I first heard that one over ten years ago
and they are still using it.

And there is the annoying "Stand Clear Doors Closing" crap that Guards have
to say at stations.  I really should make a count of the number of Guards
who try to rearrange that phrase so that it doesn't sound so repetitive
and/or stupid.

Added to that, the noise pollution that are ShittyRail announcements seem to
go on forever.  They seem to want to say every station along the route,
whether or not it could be simplified by saying "All Stations", not to
mention that the machines seem to want to talk over each other.

Plus, announcements for a train that has just arrived on the platform are
always held up until the train begins to pull away from the platform - it's
not much good unless you want to know what train you missed..

Just my two cents

PC