Re: Cancelled trains.

David Bromage wrote in message <375DA01D.6863B4BA@omni.com.au>...
>Don't be surprised to see lots of extra trains of preserved rollingstock
for
>the Olympics. Rumours around that Melbourne services may become loco hauled
>(long live the Southern Aurora!) for the duration so Canberra services
>can be
>replaced or supplemented with 7 car XPTs.

You mean there is actually some rollingstock available?  I thought all of it
had been either sold off and turned into farm sheds, vandalised or otherwise
no longer available..

There is always the option of de-expressifying a few trains - If ShittyRail
had South Coast trains stop at Heathcote, Engadine and Loftus, and had
Cronulla trains stop at Como and Oatley, they could free up all the trains
from Waterfall (Goodness knows why they don't do that already as they are
usually half-empty by Sutherland anyway).. Ditto for Emu Plains - Blacktown
and Berowra - Hornsby.. It won't save much and it will most likely cause
major overcrowding, but at least it will be in the outer suburbs so the
almighty tourists won't notice...

PC