Melbourne Airport Link

    As time goes on, it seems that everyone is accepting that the airport
link WILL run along side the Broadmeadows line.  There have been so many
suggestions and ideas as to what will need to be done as far as level
crossings,cuttings,bridges and stations go that I wonder what the cost will
turn out to be.  AAAANNND who will have to pay for it all?

BELOW are just two of the things that I know of...

-Moonee Valley council wants a tunnel under Moonee Ponds Station to
eliminate the Puckle St. level crossing,

-Kensington residents don't know what they want because their level crossing
gates will hardly ever be open (one claim of 12 min an hour) but they don't
want to close it off because it will kill off the shops etc.  This area is a
problem as it seems extremly hard to bridge either the road or rails over
this intersection as is the case at many points along the line.  (There is a
siding branching for grain after the crossing and roads running parallel on
each side of the line at the crossing and it is all flat unlike Moonee ponds
where there is no siding and a slight slope.

What to do, what to do, it seems that whoever builds it will have to go the
whole hog or not bother at all if they have to burden the full cost!?