Re: GSPE train at Waterfall today

In <3755E4DF.7F26FB2@ozemail.com.au> David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> writes:

>> The train had people on it too, so I don't know if they were GSPE staff, or
>> railfans on a tour, or what. Anyone know any more about this?

>The train was shown on STN 540 (Which no-one received) which was about a
>Bankstown close-down.  No reason was given.

Gee, I wonder what the hell is going on with STN's after the signallers
dispute regarding STN working?

Seems they are still not arriving at locations where they're needed, or just
not arriving at all, ever. One day, when we get a *good* electronic data
network (like a state-wide internal version of the internet) we might
actually be able to view STN's on-line and print out relevant pages that are
retrieved direct from a database instead of the current system of the
despatch office shipping boxes of them off to various places and hoping they
turn up in time.

Sigh - it's only when you really do need a particular STN that you generally
find there aren't any available... 8-)

Regards,

Craig.

PS. Off to the College of Knowledge (aka Petersham) tomorrow for the
safeworking rule-change re-accreditation course. Nice way to start back off
annual leave...
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport